MEDDICC – The Book
What do incredibly successful companies like PTC, BMC, AppDynamics, Fuze, MongoDB and Sprinklr all have in common? They have all relied upon MEDDICC to make their sales process predictable and efficient.
Historically, learning MEDDICC has relied upon hands-on training, but now you can learn MEDDICC from an expert who uses it every day.
MEDDICC – The Book deconstructs MEDDICC into easy to understand and implement steps. Breaking down every letter of the acronym into actionable insights complemented by commentary on how MEDDICC can help sales organizations to revolutionize their sales execution and efficiency.
Join our newsletter to receive free excerpts from the book ahead of the launch as well as being the first to know release dates:
MEDDICC is an acronym that represents a sales framework frequently used within Enterprise Sales teams. The MEDDICC acronym breaks down as follows:
Ten Signs that you need MEDDICC:
- Your buyer doesn’t see the value of your solution? (aka they think you are expensive)
- You are unable to find, articulate and quantify Pain
- You don’t have a Champion or at the very least a Coach helping you navigate and sell
- You find yourself unable to gain access to people with power and influence
- You don’t know how the customer makes decisions
- You don’t know who is involved in the decision-making process
- You find yourself surprised by things that come up in the sales process
- The decision criteria seem to move throughout the process and you’re constantly playing catch up
- Your Competition is landing strikes against you that you neither see coming nor are able to defend
- You lose track of where you stand in your deals
Unlike most qualification frameworks such like BANT, MEDDICC works throughout your deal cycle from start to finish. In fact, running a well advanced enterprise deal through one of the MEDDIC frameworks will act like an MRI Scan for your deal. Uncovering any hidden troubles and opportunities for improvement.
MEDDIC, MEDDICC or MEDDPICC?
The most current iterations of MEDDICC include two D’s and two C’s. MEDDPICC is also equally utilized where the P stands for Paper Process. Most modern sales organizations will use either MEDDICC or MEDDPICC. The original acronym, as created by Jack Napoli and Dick Dunkel inside of PTC, was MEDDIC. The C stood for Champion and therefore didn’t include the Competition element of MEDDICC.
The majority of organizations today select either MEDDICC or MEDDPICC and choosing which is right for your organization comes down to how complicated the Paper Process of the organizations you are dealing with is. If there is any complexity to the Paper Process, then I would highly recommend using MEDDPICC.
Likewise, if you are looking for a higher-level implementation of MEDDICC, or you rarely find Competition in your deals, then MEDDIC maybe right for you.
MEDDICC is a Sales Qualification Framework
The one most significant improvement most enterprise sellers could make to their performance is to qualify out of more deals, sooner. Sellers chase poorly qualified, or even worse, deals that are qualified as bad, but they pursue anyway.
MEDDICC arms sellers with a framework to quickly and efficiently qualify their opportunities and whether they should pursue the opportunities or not.